Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Wow was this Thanksgiving a crazy one! We only had one dinner scheduled forever, but that all changed the night before when we got invited to two more with people that we just couldn't say no to! It was nuts! Also, did I tell you all that I was back on the "no desserts" fast again? Well one of our investigators is giving up alcohol so that he can be baptized, so I joined on in like I always do. But this happened the Monday before Thanksgiving! The temptation was so real, but I stayed strong, and I only ate three plates total within a four hour span......we barely made it out of there alive.

   I went on exchanges down in Calexico with Elder Schipman and Elder Welch. For those of you who don't remember, Elder Welch was my trainer, and Elder Schipman has been in my zone for the past eight or so months, and so I call him my part-time companion because we have gone on so many exchanges! We had a blast and we saw a lot of miracles, including a baptism for the Calexico Hermanas!

   Yesterday we had MTEs (Missionary Training Exchanges/Experience) and Elder Schipman came with me in my area! We had training in the morning and then we went out to work! Oh fun fact, I was also joined by a personal close friend of mine, none other than President Schmitt, my mission president! He was with us until 5, and man did I take advantage of that! We had lessons with Armida and the Sanchez families, and he was able to testify and teach and it was awesome! I love that man! Our lessons were awesome and we also had members there with us. We have the best members in the world! Armida came and a lesson at the Rolfe's house (the Rolfes also gave all of the missionaries lunch after the training- they are so awesome), and then Brother and Sister Ball came to visit the Sanchez's with us (I love the Ball family way too much- they are amazing). IT WAS SO AWESOME!

   Then one of the biggest miracles I've ever seen happened. After President had left, we went to go a house to drop an investigator who wasn't progressing. The lady wasn't home, but her son, Jesse (whom we had contacted before), answered the door. Without really thinking I blurted out, "Can we show you a two minute Christmas video?" (Fun fact, I hadn't even seen the video yet, A Savior is Born, and I was not planning on teaching him at all when I knocked on the door) After entering the apartment and watching the video, we asked how he felt. After a few moments of silence he began to cry. Long story short, he has been on the wrong path for a little while, and he fell into his old drug habits again after being clean for a little while. We testified of the Spirit, and that he could feel it with him forever, and he said that this was his answer. The Spirit was so strong in that room, and all of us were touched by the hand of the Lord. He committed to come to church this week and we are very excited to teach him and help him. That question of if we could show him the Christmas video was not mine, but it was truly sent from heaven. 

I love you all so much. Don't stop being the best you can be! Make sure you give everything you have everyday! The Lord will bless you as you exercise your faith and trust in Him! I PROMISE that is true!

Elder Dahl


1. The El Centro missionaries helped prep Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless at the Salvation Army on Thanksgiving morning! It was so awesome and fun!
2. Ok I've got my plate ready!
3. Yeah no worries Mom, I didn't go hungry.
4. Ladies and Gentlemen, Calexico is my favorite place ever. haha

















No comments:

Post a Comment