Valley in Brawley, California! I literally went from being the
farthest west I the mission to being the farthest east! And boy is it
hot! Haha actually I kind of like it!
My companion is Elder Rodriguez! He is from Boston, his family is from
Guatemala, he is a super hard worker, and we are already the greatest
of friends! It's been a huge blessing to me to come out here and have
the opportunity to work with the amazing people here. And the best
part is that if you aren't amazing, then it's too hot for them to
care, so they don't mess with you! Haha
The Brawley Branch is wonderful. It is about the size of the La Mesa
branch. I think about seventy people came to church last week. They
are all super great and I'm already loving this branch a ton. Here are
two companionships in the Spanish branch, ours, and then there is a
companionship of Sisters that BIKE!!! Bless their souls, Hermanas
Lopez and Gallagher are troopers! So how it works is they cover the
northern half of the main city, Brawley, then we cover the southern
part, and some small towns that are anywhere from twenty to twenty
five minutes from Brawley. It's the bomb! We have been planning our
days so that we spend a big chunk in Brawley and we ride our bikes
while the sisters can get out of the sun for a bit and use the car.
And boy has that been an adventure! I have literally been grinning
from ear to ear every time we leave the apartment, and I have come to
accept that I should just be used to being drenched with sweat. It's
just the thing to do out here in the valley. :)
There is a twelve year old boy of a recent convert that wants to be
baptized this Saturday as well! He is so cool! Pray for Jesus
Velasquez! This past week he came into church with a a missionary name
tag that said, "Elder Velasquez" and we just about died.
I am so happy! This is the restart that my "mid-mission crisis" needed
to put my head back on straight, set some goals, make some plans, and
then make it happen! It almost feels like I'm in a completely
different mission! Haha I can't wait to tell you more awesome stories
1. Ice cream is a dairy too right?
2. I'm we are becoming professional bakers. I can ship from the Imperial Valley if you're interested in purchasing the weekly Elders Dahl's special
4. Two of my super good mission friends, who got to come all the way out to the Imperial Valley to give us some training!
4. I decided that since I ride a bike now I better get a backpack....any objections?
5. We totally bombed somebody's birthday party! We basically just walked down their driveway and started talking to them, and it was hilariously perfect.
6. The birthday girl had some beastly burgers!