Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hasta Luego Logan Heights

Another transfer has gone by, and I received the news that I'm leaving the beautiful shores of San Diego! It was kind of a surprise, but not really at the same time. I will miss all the people, the ocean breeze, covering Downtown San Diego, and my beautiful branch so much. But the Lord is in charge of this, not Elder Dahl, so I'm ready to go and do everything I can in my new home.

This week has been a crazy one. La familia Recendez (Perez) came to church for the first hour, but then had to leave because they volunteered to help an older couple that can't move or do anything move, and Sunday was the only day the older couple could do it. Wow they are so perfect. :) We also had a girl named Adriana come to church (shout out to my Sister Adriana Dahl!!!!!) and she stayed for the entire time. She is a family friend of a family in the branch, and she is doing awesome! Angie is doing well in Arizona, and we have also been teaching this other man named Flomencio is super awesome, knows the Book of Mormon is true, and wants to be baptized! IT has been a blessed week for us.

Also, to celebrate my companion's birthday his dad paid for all five of us to go to the cheesecake factory! Heaven on earth! haha Attached pictures will show the new love of my life- the macaroni and cheese burger. WOW!!!!! My arteries are still thanking me for that one, haha. And yes we split pieces of Oreo cheesecake and an apple stroussel cheesecake. It was glorious!

I wanted to share a scripture that has been on my mind recently. During a conference we had with some missionaries in our neighboring zones, a Sister missionary shared the following scripture-
2 Nephi 33:3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry
This scripture from the Book of Mormon has brought me a lot of comfort this past week. I am not a perfect missionary by any means, but I always try to do what the Lord would have me do. I love the people I work with and I love being a missionary. I love you all so much, and you are included in my prayers.

Elder Dahl

1. Look at how big that thing is! Even my huge mouth had trouble biting into that!


















2. Elder Larsen, Elder Canar, and Elder Neilson are thinking, "Wow living in this cramped five-man is finally paying off." haha

3. BUT FOR REAL THOUGH IT'S MASSIVE!!!!!!
 

4. Two of my best friends in the mission are going home today! Sister Jones and Sister Wilde were in my district in Sweetwater! Best of luck to you Sisters in the outside world!



No comments:

Post a Comment