Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Goodbye Imperial Valley

Transfers are in and Elder Dahl is out! I am being transferred from El
Centro to Barrio 20! We received the news yesterday at 10:00 am, and I
have been going crazy ever since! You would think that a whole day was
enough time to say goodbye to everyone, but no- not even close. The
Imperial Valley has a special place in my heart, and the people there
really are a Zion-like people. I love them.

Miguel Sanchez was baptized last Sunday! The service was held right
after Stake Conference, so the room was PACKED! That family has
changed my life, and I am so grateful that my last six months was
filled with each one of them. It was absolutely amazing to see him
into the water and be completely clean from his past life. I will miss
them dearly.

George....so that took a turn for the worse. We taught him the word of
wisdom, and at first he was all for it, even though he has had an
addiction to coffee for almost his whole life. On Wednesday evening he
gave it up. He was clean until Friday and then his body shut down on
him and he had an "episode" which then caused him to tell us the next
day that he was done. He said he would continue to read the Book of
Mormon, but he was done meeting with us and going to church. Elder
Laws and I were shocked, and a little bit hurt, but the Lord has a
plan for everyone. George will find his way.

I am now in City Heights, CA! It is in the same zone as my area in
Logan Heights! It is basically just as ghetto, but there are a ton of
different ethnicities here! I will elaborate more next week after we
do more exploring. This is my first Spanish Ward that I have served
in! I'm not going to lie, at first I was a little disappointed because
it is in intercity San Diego, and other than the valley I spent my
whole mission in that kind of area, but then I realized something kind
of cool. 20th Ward is the mother unit of all Spanish units here in San
Diego. Sweetwater 3rd, La Mesa, and  Logan Heights are all break-off
branches of 20 Ward, and so I feel complete now that I am serving
here. If anybody needs a tour guide of the ghettos of San Diego, I can
definitely help!

Elder Dahl

The same friend from Food Bank that helped us get into the fair also
invited us over to her ranch! We had so much fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment