Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Last week at the CCM

It´s my last week here at the CCM!!!!!!! Holy guacamole this is loco.  I don´t have too much to say this week, so this one will be short.

Our motto this week has been "So much work, so little time." We have about 39 different assignments everyday that always need to be completed, and we really only have time for about 3 of them, so that´s fun. The language is going pretty well; our district did Solo Español a few times this week, and we still manage to have a great time. I don´t even cry when natives talk to me anymore! Although they normally still need to repeat what they said very slowly. 

Elder Johansen and I have been really busy this week with our zone leader responsibilities. We had to introduce a new district to life at the CCM (that new district is awesome by the way, probably completely thanks to us, haha just kidding), and we had to take care of some other things within the zone. Fast and testimony meeting was so fantastic. We had people going up constantly, and I said some things that I didn´t even realize I knew how to say in Spanish! The Spirit was so strong and I loved it so much.

Also our district plays volleyball all the time, and I must say we are getting dangerously awesome. It´s super fun.

We got to go to the Mexico City Temple Visitor´s Center, which was awesome. We took a lot of pictures, and I understood 97% of everything that was said (they gave us the guides that spoke Spanish) and they talked PRETTY FAST! It was amazing. HOWEVER, the whole time I´ve been here at the MTC I´ve been excited to go to the visitor´s center because they sell some super sweet scripture cases there, and I REALLY wanted one for my Spanish scriptures. I was so worried about getting those scriptures for seriously the past week! Even on the bus ride there I was thinking about, "How can I get to the tienda fast enough to get those scripture cases!?"

Well plot twist, we started the tour and I just felt awful. I was right next to the House of the Lord, and all I could think about was some fancy scripture case? Seriously Elder Dahl? Did you come to Mexico to get a scripture case!? Well my answer is- Absolutely not. I came down here to serve the Lord, and to bring others to the happiness that I have through following his restored gospel. Did I end up getting the scripture cases? Nope. Although my group was one of the first ones, the store ran out before I got there. Was I disappointed? Yes because I let myself get carried away in something that really DOESN´T MATTER! I can get cases like that some other time, and I´m glad that I decided to live in the moment as soon as I walked into that visitor´s center. I´m not sure if that story made sense, but I´m out of time. Live in the moment and do all that you can to improve not only yourself, but the world around you. Always remember that there is someone praying for you in Mexico (well for the next six days because after that it will be from San Diego!). Also, I won´t be able to email next week because I´ll be traveling on my P-Day. I love you guys!

Elder Dahl

1 comment:

  1. In one of the devotional talks I heard at the MTC we were told that just as the temple is called "The House of the Lord", the Quorum of the 12 and the First Presidency fondly refer to the MTC as "The House of the Holy Ghost" because the Spirit is so powerfully present there. I remember this often, especially when I read letters from missionaries who are currently there. It's all the continual praying of those missionaries that brings the Spirit so close. As you continue to study and pray throughout your mission, you will remember and feel the strength that you are feeling at the CCM now. We love you, Elder Dahl, and our family's prayers are with you too!

    ReplyDelete