Tuesday, September 23, 2014

San Diego!!!!!!

I MADE IT TO SAN DIEGO!!!!!! Woop woop! First, it is beautiful here. Second, it's really hot. I came during what I guess was a pretty bad heat wave, so I'm missing my perfect Mexican weather, but it's really not that bad. I guess I should start with my last week in the CCM since I missed out on emailing last week.

We partied all day everyday - missionary style. My district and I loved our last week today. We sang a special musical number for our teachers (I miss them so much!) and I sang in our sacrament meeting on Sunday (yeah fun fact President Pratt, the CCM President, happened to be in our meeting, so I sang for him......luckily he sat behind me or I would've been freaking out). We had a party the night before we left, and at 2 am on Tuesday morning I left Mexico.....so sad, but happy too. 

Then I came to this awesome place that we now call San Diego! So cool! We got to tour the Mormon Battalion museum, which was super cool (I highly recommend it as a sweet tour spot). Our first day was full of training and interviews, which is always fun.

And then the day came when I would finally meet my trainer. I said goodbye to Elder Johansen (whom I miss dearly) and hello to Elder Dietrich (Payten is his first name if you want to creep). I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I can tell you that it was definitely not Elder Dietrich. We are about as different as two people can be, which is hilarious because we actually get along great! I definitely can't be my normal, Disney-quoting self around him, but we laugh a lot nonetheless. He is AMAZING at street contacting! He can talk about anything with anybody, so that has been a huge blessing for me to learn from.

I don't have any investigators to report because the work here is rather slow. I work in the Sweetwater Spanish Branch, and I live in Lemon Grove, California. My area is a walk/bus/trolley area, and there are 3 sets of missionaries for our little branch (about 40 people were at church this past sunday). Only 2 active families live in our area, so we don't really get fed often. 

Some highlights of my week are
1) Church was all in Spanish, and it was crazy.....still working on the whole Spanish thing
2) Some drunk guy kissed me on the cheek and told me to go to Christiantown (not a real place) because they needed my help.....that was terrifying.
3) I'm out of time.......I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! My spiritual though will be extra awesome next week!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Please keep on praying for me because I need the help!

Elder Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment