Tuesday, December 23, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

First off, Merry Christmas everyone! Christmas is the best, but for missionaries it feels like the same. Every day is Christmas when you're a missionary! All you do is talk about Christ and how He is the Gift (check outchristmas.mormon.org if you haven't yet!)!

I do have some tragic news.....my two-year streak of never being sick has finally come to a sad end. I had a nasty cough last week.....more like a nasty sneeze. I never want to sneeze again. It didn't keep me from working, but I did sleep in through three mornings of exercise (which was really bad because my family sent me goat fudge.....oh heavens) and my Spanish sounded REALLY weird. haha Spanish report- I can basically comprehend everything I read more or less in Spanish and my love for talking has carried over into this new language, so that's been awesome! The gift of tongues is real and the Lord definitely helps his missionaries!

Update on investigators and my people- Cecilia is seriously gone. Saddest thing ever. Pray for her because she has vanished and we have no idea why. And just about every investigator has decided to stop texting and calling us back.....it's kind of driving me crazy. I'm really feeling for poor parents like mine when their kids aren't answering their phones. It's horrible! So we're still in a little rough patch right now, but we are working SO hard, so the blessings will come :)

Elder Welch and I are having a fabulous time though. We have almost no Christmas music, which translates to Elder Dahl singing at the very top of his lungs at all times and in all languages. It's pretty great....at least I think so :)

I love you all so much! If you want to do something for me for Christmas, then here it is- 
Write Sister Emily Sommers a card and send it to her! Missions are a roller coaster of extreme happiness, and then extreme craziness, and then sadness, and everything inbetween. I know it helped me a lot in the beginning to get packages from my family, emails, and letters from my friends. I'm pretty sure she can't email outside of her immediate family, so send that awesome Sister a letter for Christmas!

And then keep on being awesome yourself! The Lord lives! He loves you! I'm obnoxious and talk to everyone I meet about how the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth, but I'm not really obnoxious at all because I love these people so much! And I love you! So smile and be happy, and spread some Christmas cheer to every person you see!

Elder Dahl

1. The package my family sent me....you all have no idea how excited I was....and still am :)
2. My district in Oldtown, California. Basically we belong in a movie or TV show or something because...well I mean just look at us!
3. I found my future home!






No comments:

Post a Comment