Saturday, April 25, 2015

Logan Heights!

The results are in and I am currently serving in the Logan Heights Branch in San Diego, California! So some cool things about my area:

1) My area goes right up to the San Diego harbor! I can see the ocean everyday! 
2) My companion and I cover Downtown San Diego! WOOP WOOP PARTY!!! Except we never go there because it'd be absolutely pointless. Nobody actually lives there, they just sin there. haha just kidding.....well you can all imagine.
3) Our area is the end of 28th Street all the way to the end of Downtown. It's really small compared to my other areas. EVERYBODY IS MEXICAN!!!!!! It's so fun and I look so out of place- it's the best :)
4) Our branch doesn't meet in a church building. We have church in Logan Elementary...yeah it's weird. During church I can also learn how to count by 10s!
5) Yes the zoo is in my zone and yes you may send me tickets to go to the zone if you so desire to serve the missionaries in the nicest way possible, haha
6) PETCO Park where the Padres play is in our area too....we can't go to baseball games though so definitely don't send tickets for that.

This is going to be so fun! OK now time for my companion! Some cool facts about him are:

1) His name is Elder Ramirez! He was born in Tijuana and moved to San Diego when he was 12, and then to Orem, Utah when he was 15. Yes he is very fluent (oh my heavens I'm devouring that humble pie right now. He helps me out a ton and I love it!) and he loves to work!
2) Don't even try to Facebook stalk him because he never used it.
3) He loves soccer and basketball and matching whatever tie I'm wearing.
4) It's his last transfer in the mission field :(

Other fun facts:

1) I live in a 4 man apartment! We share with Elder Norman (from Utah) and Elder Neilson (from Canada, who just started his mission!), but there's only one bathroom!!!!!!! Luckily the funness outweighs the lack of bathroom....ness.
2) I'm driving again this transfer and my new car is no fun. The brakes are super sensitive and I miss my old car :( And I got a ticket for not turning my wheels on the slightest hill ever......I love Logan, but Logan is not loving me!
3) There are 5 companionships of missionaries in my branch! CRAZY!!! There is so much work here! Also, Elder Welch (one of my trainers) and Elder Clair (my first companion in La Mesa) are in my branch serving with me! SO WEIRD!!!

I have had an amazing first few days! Of course there have been some struggles, but the awesomeness has far exceeded any struggle there has been. I'm ready to get to work here in Logan! Keep on sending those prayers! I love you all so much! God does too! Have a great week!

Elder Dahl
Elder Reyes is the coolest!
 Best Easter bunny ever! Thanks Mom and Dad!
 Elder Ramirez (The new companion)! He's so cool!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are in a really fun area. Stay out of Ninevah! (They don't deserve the gospel there, right?) The coordinating ties are awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete