Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blessings from La Mesa 3rd

We have had a week full of teaching, talking to people in the street, and Spanish! My companion and I sometime last week decided that this whole English thing is dumb, and we now only speak to each other in Spanish! Talk about a shock! It has been awesome, and we have both already improved so much (well mostly me, his is practically perfect) and it has been super fun too!

Sad news- nobody came to church this week :( Angie had a headache, Maria Perez had to work, and her husband had to help find a friend because I guess the friend was kicked out of their house. We were sad, but we visited them the next day and they were sad they missed church, and they had a million questions about baptism! We are going back again tonight with some members to answer all of their questions :) Pray for them! And Angie too!

We had a crazy awesome miracle last Tuesday evening! So we had gotten out of our lesson with Bianca (the girl who wanted to be baptized, but we will probably have the hermanas teach her because she is super....friendly?) and we were making some phone calls by our call, when none other than an old friend of mine, Hermano Steven Winders, from the La Mesa 3rd Branch came to a stop right beside us. Naturally I was going nuts because he is one of the coolest people in this world (they are an awesome family from Spain, but he speaks perfect English as well and is in the Navy) and I couldn't believe he was here in my little ghetto!

He asked us if there was anything he cold do for us, to which we responded with a no, but then after about 5 minutes of talking the thought came to my mind to invite him to visit the Perez family with us because they lived about 4 feet away. Only Osvaldo was home, but it was perfect because we had an amazing lesson with Osvaldo, and he really opened up to us about how he wasn't sure how he would feel the Spirit telling him that this message was true. Hermano Winders testified and shared some experiences in his life, and the entire lesson was totally guided by the Spirit.

Afterwards we thanked Hermano Winders for coming and we said, "We know that God sent you here so that you could help this man change his eternity." He then proceeded to tell us that he NEVER goes home this way, but he felt prompted to change his route. When he saw me and recognized who I was he knew that there was something he had to do. Ever since that lesson Osvaldo has been progressing really quickly, and is now reading from the Book of Mormon!

This may seem small, but it meant the world to me. Everyday I get to see God work His wonders here in San Diego, and especially in my life. People always say that we are angels walking around working miracles and changing lives. Let me be the first to testify that I'm no angel, but no matter how flawed and silly I am, God's hand has been in every, single detail of my mission and my life. Pray for the Perez family! Pray for Angie! Miracles have NOT ceased, and they never will! I love you all!

Elder Dahl

1. A restaurant called The Smoking Goat? Very yes.

2. Just a normal day working with Elder Swenson ;)

3. L--- (an awesome member in our area that has been coming to church for the past 2 months!) with her dog, Beauty. I was laughing SO HARD!

4. ZOOOOOOOO!!!!!


5. Look we are the same creature!


6. Or maybe I'm actually a hippo?
























No comments:

Post a Comment