Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"Yes, we meet in a school building."

his past week was so awesome because LA FAMILIA PEREZ CAME TO SACRAMENT MEETING AND STAYED FOR ALL THREE HOURS! WOOHOO! They are so awesome, and Elder Swenson and I are so blessed to be able to teach them! In one of our lessons last week Maria (the mom) was thanking us for coming over and teaching her family. She said that her family has never been more united, and then her 15 year-old son thanked us for coming over and sharing such an amazing message. It's times like these that make it all worth it :)

   Which is good because we had a hectic week! Transfers were last week! Elder Swenson and I are both staying here in Logan Heights! However the rest of our zone got smacked in the face basically! Instead of living in a 4-man apartment, we now have a 5-man apartment! Elder Neilson was joined by Elder Larsen and Elder Canar!......yes there is still only one shower......pray for us! haha We had to move a few other companionships around this week because a companionship was taken out of the Logan Heights branch and another companionship was taken out of Barrio Veinte (20th ward for you English folk). So there are now four in each unit, which is way nicer. We are going to have such a great transfer!

   A few weeks ago while we were attending a district meeting, Elder Browne, a friend of mine that I actually knew from BYU that came out with me, was teaching about how even though our work is often hard and challenging that we have no need to fear or be sad. He had me read the following scripture from the Book of Mormon during the meeting
! Nephi 21:13-16
 13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and break forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
 14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
 15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

   As I read verse 16, tears came streaming down my face. "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." There have been few times in my life where a scripture has hit me so hard. I know Elder Browne was inspired to have me read that scripture that day, and I thought about it often throughout this week. The Lord will NEVER forget us. He will not leave us alone! He loves us so much and is so willing to open the windows of heaven and bless us. All we need to do is let Him in! I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment