Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Blind Baptism

Well the news is in and miracles still exist because I am staying in
the Imperial Valley for another transfer!!! Woohoo!!! I am super
excited! This is going to be fun! I love the people here and I'm
excited to stay here. This is my fourth transfer in the Imperial
Valley 2nd Ward and my fifth in the Imperial Valley!

Updates on the baptisms:

1. Rafael Aranda was baptized last week! It was one of the sweetest
baptisms baptisms that I have ever witnessed. He had such a hard week
last week physically and was just not feeling well, but by Wednesday
he had decided that he would be baptized no matter what. It was so
special to see the faith of this blind, 68 year old son of God, and it
was an extra special baptism because we were able to Skype in my very
good friend Walter Rodriguez (my former companion) from BYUI!

2. Ivan Sanchez was baptized too! His baptism was so sweet as well!
His family has a very special place in my heart, and Ivan has really
grown a lot this past week while preparing for his baptism. Most of
the time I feel more like their older brother than their missionary.
Their faith in the Savior is incredible to see! Their father, Miguel,
had a new fire to be baptized after seeing the baptism of his son, so
we will hopefully be able to see him in white soon.

Other than that our week was pretty normal! Now our big job is to find
some more prepared people to be baptized! And we are working for it
too! The sad news for the week is that my trainer, Elder Welch, is
probably landing in his home state of Oklahoma right now after
completing his mission. I'll miss him mucho, but it has been so fun
having him around me for the majority of my mission.

Everything is going hunky-dory here! Keep on working hard everyone! I
love you all!

Elder Dahl


My trainer and me right before he left :( Bye Elder Welch!

Don't ask me what's going on in the second picture.....





Ivan and me before the baptism! He is so awesome!
 The Sanchez family and us! I don't know why Hispanics don't smile
in pictures...I promise they were all really happy!
Ivan is going to be the best missionary one day!

Elder Laws and I rode bikes for two days this transfer.....it
rained both days. And this past Sunday it POURED!!! You can't tell,
but we were SOAKED!!!

Elder Welch came in really late from his departure activities in
San Diego, so his companion stayed with us and he snuck in during the
night once he was brought back to the valley. SLEEPOVER!!!

Elder....I mean Walter Rodriguez was able to Skype into Rafael's baptism!
 Elder Laws, Hermano Garcia (the Spanish group leader), Maria and
Rafael Aranda, and me at Rafael's baptism. So awesome!
 We did some service at a party store! I have more pictures on my
other camera, so I will send more next week! It was way fun and the
store was super fun to be in.








No comments:

Post a Comment