Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I LOVE MY LIFE

This week has been a real winner for me. How do I even start?

I had In&Out for the first time last week. My advice for all things In&Out: never get the fries. However, the burger made up for it because it was DELICIOUS! I don't think it beats Five Guys, but it's still really really good (and their pink lemonade is awesome too).

We have been cooped up in our apartment all week because Elder Dietrich had a procedure done on his ingrown toenail (I got to help the doctor at one point, which was so cool) on Wednesday. He didn't fully recover until about Sunday, so we spent a lot of time studying in our apartment.

But when we did go out we WORKED! We had so many miracles this week- from members giving us rides or giving us bags of food. I feel like our fridge has been blessed by a prophet or something because no matter how much we eat it always seems to fill itself! The Lord certainly does take care of his servants!

Elder Hulet (one of our zone leaders that went out with me since Elder Dietrich couldn't) and I went to visit a remarkable family on Wednesday night. Judith is a single mother of 4- Janet, a young man who we haven't met, Emily, and Charlie. They had been taught by some missionaries a few months ago, but then they said the missionaries stopped coming, and they haven't heard from them until Elder Dietrich and I stopped by to make an appointment with them. This family is just AWESOME! There is so much love in this family, and we could not stop laughing and smiling! We invited Judith and Janet to be baptized and they said yes! We set the date for November 22, so please pray for them, and I'll give you an update on them next week! That night was literally the greatest night of my mission so far. THIS IS WHY I AM HERE! Elder Dahl is inviting others to come unto Christ by receiving the restored gospel and he LOVES BEING A MISSIONARY!

My Spanish has also gotten a lot better. We had coordination meeting (a meeting with the ward mission leader and other members of the auxiliary presidencies where we coordinate our missionary efforts as a branch), and when we stood up Elder Dietrich just looked at me and said, "You got this!" I did ALL the talking, including responding to questions that members asked me, which was a huge milestone for me because I'm pretty sure that the members actually speak to me in Swahili just to throw me off. But it's ok because SPANISH IS AWESOME!

Prayer has been on my mind all week. As a missionary you pray all them time- to open and close your studies, before you leave the apartment, before a lesson, when you eat. It's easy for our prayers to become repetitive- we go through the motions because we have to. BUT this week I have just been loving James 1:5 and the beginning of verse 6.

 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.

However, if you read verse 6 in Spanish it says, "Pero pida con fe, no dudando nada"
The direct translation is "But ask with faith, doubting nothing"
I have had a lot of doubts recently. I remember one day just pleading with God in my prayer saying, "Why am I not a more consecrated missionary? Why can I not seem to be a better companion for Elder Dietrich? Why can I not seem to speak Spanish and remember what I already know let alone learn more at the same time?"
But when I prayed my answer came as clear as a bell; I just received a prompting that made me think, "It's because you haven't asked."

How true, how true! In all of these prayers that I say everyday, the Holy Ghost helped me realize that there was another step I needed to take before my righteous desires would be fulfilled. Doubt nothing, trust in God, come to Him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and watch the miracles flow. this week there has been a waterfall of miracles, and I know that this same thing can happen in YOUR LIFE! So try it! I love this Gospel so much, and I love being here in San Diego! There is no place I'd rather be! Love you all so much!

Elder Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment