Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Transfer One - Check!

TRANSFER ONE IS DONE! How crazy is that!? I feel like I've been here my whole life/for three days. We just found out that I will be staying, but Elder Dietrich will be leaving....NOOOO!!!!! haha We were hoping for one more together, but alas, the Lord is in charge of this work and He knows what's best for us. Never forget that! Keep on praying for Elder Dietrich and start praying for my next companion!

Ohio shoutout! First, if you haven't heard one of my best friends in the entire world, Emily Sommers, has been called to the California, Redlands mission!!!! WOOOHOOO! I am so happy that she is choosing to serve, and I'm SUPER happy that she'll be moving the work forward in the awesome state of California. However, someone needs to look out for our moms because they're crazy and are probably already planning a road trip together.. HAHA Second, congrats to the Cloverleaf Marching Band! That's 33 years in a row that they will be competing at the State level of competition! I'm so happy for them!

This week for me has been frustrating, but still awesome. All three of our investigators with dates (Judith, Janet, and Cecilia) have been busy or just not there for our appointments. I've never had a second lesson with someone! At times that can really weigh on you as a missionary, but I know he Lord answers prayers, and I've been praying my little heart out for those three, so I'm sure the miracles are on their way.

I've also had a lot of Mexican food this week! Carne asada, posole, and lots of other things that I can't spell or pronounce. One of our families in the ward cheered me on to eat a chile....I have to stop falling for that. Between that and eating the boiling posole before letting it cool down.....well let's just say I think I lost a layer of my mouth. 

Quick spiritual thought: This week all of the missionaries gave talks in church during sacrament meeting. I talked about the priesthood and how everyone in the church that has a calling has been set apart by someone holding the proper priesthood authority. As missionaries, we have been set apart to preach this gospel. This is MY calling right now, and I'm fulfilling it with all of my heart. So I ask everyone reading this email- What's your calling? Set apart by the priesthood or not, what is your calling in this life? For those that are members of the church I invite you to work a little bit harder on your calling this week because the Lord will bless you WAY MORE than you will think you deserve. For those that are not members of the church I invite you to do something awesome this week. Brighten someone's day and make someone smile. This spiritual thought was really random and crazy, but basically just know that I love you and you're awesome!

Elder Dahl
 One of the most awesomest missionaries went home today. She was awesome! MISSIONARY WORK IS AWESOME! Do I say awesome too much!?
 Shout out to Jacob Dunbar, one of my bestest friends ever for sending me some awesome Spider gear! You're the best!


These are two pictures of me when I totally zonked out at a member's house......my bad :)


No comments:

Post a Comment