Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Three months?

My three month mark is in two days......I'm already 1/8 done with my mission........where did that time go!? Time flies by when you are working like crazy, and that's exactly what we've done this week- WORK!

My new companion is seriously awesome. Elder Welch is from Oklahoma (one of my favorite people in the world was born there!.....ok you caught me, it's my mom), loves rugby, speaks Spanish like crazy, and loves working! He is one of the most selfless people I've met, and it has been a blast of a first week! We made a goal to only speak in Spanish to each other (until after 9:30), and it has already helped me improve a lot. One of the coolest things about him is that he is younger than me! He turned 19 this past September! We help each other out a lot- he helps me with my Spanish and I show him how to eat food that isn't Ramen noodles.

Also, since my other trainer was transferred, I had to take over the area, and I was supposed to know everything! It's been crazy, but I'm proud to say we have only gotten a little lost once and it was because our map had a road that does not exist in real life.

Yesterday we had a lesson with a less-active family in our branch, la familia Tafolla. They have been inactive for quite some time, but they know that the Gospel is true, and I think they are finally ready to come back! I love this family so much, and yesterday we had some really pure, tender, and spiritual experiences with them. Please pray for them that they will be able to come to church this Sunday. I know that families are a gift from God, and I am so happy that I have my family. It is the best feeling when I can testify, "I know that the Gospel blesses families because I have seen it in my own family!" The power that comes with these words blows my mind every time! I know that we can live with our families forever, and that we find the MOST BESTEST joys in our lives within our own homes. I KNOW that this is true! 

I'm doing really well and I am SO HAPPY! I am working hard (evidence of that can be found on my feet- blisters are the best) and loving being a missionary. I'm praying for you everyday! Thank you to everyone who sends me emails and letters! I don't have a lot of time to write back, but know that I am working on my long list of letters to write, and that you MAKE MY WEEK! I love you all! Choose to be happy, and shine your light to all that you see!

Elder Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment