Thursday, November 27, 2014

Rough Patch

This week has definitely been a rough patch for Elder Welch and me. It seemed like everything we had planned fell through! Every lesson, dinner, activity, EVERYTHING! Our lives turned to mush and I was really struggling to keep going! But the Lord has this awesome way of being there for you, even when you aren't there for yourself.....does that make sense?

For example, as I've said in the past, we talk with every person we meet. Sometimes it's super easy and we have a great contact, but other times (and other weeks in this case) it seems like you can't find a single person that wants to talk with you. All day I had just been a little down on myself, but while we were out walking there was this lady kind of far ahead of us about to cross the street, and I just yelled out, "Hey, is it ok if we give you a card?" Long story short, it was a little awkward at first, but then we started explaining about mormon.org and what we believe. The situation totally shifted to a fantastic experience, and she invited us over for this week! Her name is Sarah (pray for her), and she was super great and wants to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

The part of the story that really made it amazing for me, was when she pointed to which house was hers', it was actually one that we had crossed last week, and I had felt this feeling like, "There is someone there that is ready for you" but I didn't act upon it because there was a gate and this crazy German shepherd. The Lord put Sarah in our path so that she can hear about is restored Gospel, and it definitely strengthened me this week, and gave me a lot of hope.

Also, we were able to attend a fireside by Alex Boye and it was amazing. He is absolutely hilarious, and powerful! His testimony of the Book of Mormon is so strong, and I know that if we read the Book of Mormon everyday, and really try to apply it into every aspect of our lives, then we will see the windows of heaven open. I love this gospel, and I am so excited for what the Lord has in store for me this week!

I love you all! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful that you are reading this and that you are a part of my life!

Elder Dahl

P.S. Right now we have 4 investigators with a baptismal date! Keep on praying for Cecilia, Marlene, Janet, and Juan! I'll try to talk more about them next time! Also the family with the girl with tomato on her face wanted to go to church in English, so we had to send them to the English elders.

Elder Welch and I have Breakfast adventures after night planning :)

I'm in a picture with Alex Boye!

No comments:

Post a Comment