Friday, October 24, 2014

Rely on the Lord

First, I just want to bear testimonies of parents. Parents know all things. I told my parents that our apartment had some cockroaches in it, nothing big, just these small little guys. The next P-Day i got a package with cockroach spray, and my first reaction was, "Oh my parents, they are so funny sending me this huge can of bug spray for such a little problem." But almost everyday this past week I have seen these nasty, giant roaches in our apartment, and I now get to whip out my can of roach spray and take them out all ninjalike. So the moral of the story is: parents are the best (especially mine!).

We have another investigator with a baptismal date! Her name is Cecilia and she is really interested in coming closer to Christ, which is our specialty. Please pray for her. I love teaching this gospel so much!

Spanish Update: If we rely on the Lord, he can work miracles through us. This past week has been amazing for my Spanish. I had an hour long conversation with a woman in my branch TOTALLY IN SPANISH! Elder Dietrich was talking to her son, so I was totally on my own, and it was AWESOME! I was definitely freaking out at points because I realized that I was thinking in English, but Spanish was coming out of my mouth. We can do all things through the Lord! Rely on him and watch the miracles flow!

My companion and I are getting along really well! I can honestly say that we work really well together, and the Lord put us together because we need each other. You'll never find a pair of missionaries like us that's for sure.

I'm out of time, but here is what I've been thinking about this week. 

1 Nephi 17:13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments

Christ is our example. As we draw closer to Him, He will work miracles in our life that we did not think would be possible. So what do we need to do? KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS! As we obey the commandments He will prepare the BEST path for us. I don't know about all of you, but I love my life. And I love you too for reading this. I'm praying for ya!



Elder Dahl

My agendas! I like to decorate them with awesome pictures and quotes. If you come across either of the two and you think I would like it, then email it to me!

The second after this sugar fast is over I'm going to go CRAZY!

CALIFORNIA!!!

California has some nice hills! I get to walk those everyday (I'm in a car because we had just finished shopping on P-Day and the Sisters give us their car for that)

No comments:

Post a Comment