Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Mission: Chantaca

I can honestly say that this week has been one of the craziest,
stressful, and rewarding weeks of my mission! Let's start at the
beginning!

Monday- Operation Chantaca commenced! We went over and helped Blanca
and Ruben make the phone call to schedule an appointment to receive
their marriage license. The rest of my day consisted of me calling a
million members trying to find someone that could take them because
their appointment was for the next day!

Tuesday- We finally found a member (bless that Sister's heart), and
everything went well! They got their license and they were so funny
because they were going crazy. Ruben kept on throwing up Blanca's hand
yelling, "te vas a casar!" (You are going to get married!). So funny.

Wednesday- Sisters Trujillo and Allen bought Blanca a dress, shoes,
and a tie for Ruben.

Thursday- We had Blanca try the dress on, but the top part was too big!

Friday- We scrambled to find someone that could sew, and then we had
to find someone that could take them to the person that could sew
(bless Hna. Quintero's heart. She dropped everything she was doing in
the middle of grocery shopping and came to help us out), and only
through much prayer and ripping out of hair were we able to find
someone. Ruben and Blanca also passed their baptismal interviews.

Saturday- The wedding was beautiful and they looked gorgeous! Our ward
mission leader took Ruben out in the morning to buy some clothes, and
everything was just perfect. Well not super perfect, but it was
beautiful nonetheless. They looked awesome in their baptismal clothes
as well :)

Sunday- The  Chantacas were confirmed members of the church and our
quest was complete. Oh my heavens that was the short version. This
whole process has just been living proof that the Lord has not left
His servants alone. This is His work and I'm just the guy that makes
all the phone calls.

Another awesome experience we had was going to the temple on Friday
with Maria Juarez to do baptisms for he dead! It was a great
experience for her, and she was so happy! She said, "I never want to
leave. I want to stay in here forever." We had such a beautiful
experience.

Love you all! There is only one month left until the end of my
mission! I am so grateful for these past twenty-three months, and I am
stoked for this last month!

Elder Dahl


1. Elder Siebers- This man cracks me up every day.
2-4. District Pictures! The first two are of us acting like the
coolest boy band around.



1. Elder Taunauta is the Banana King.
2. Is is Elder Taunauta right after lifting a gym in another
missionary's apartment. He is terrifying!
3. We played Flickerball for probably my last time at Embarcadero Park
by the bay behind Downtown. Had to take a selfie with some of my
favorite missionaries! Elders Taunauta, Laws, & Siebers, and Sister
Allen!





1 comment:

  1. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...! 
    maxbet

    ReplyDelete