Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My World Just got Flipped!

First, I just got the phone call that I am getting transferred (meaning I'm leaving my area and going to another)..........what the what? If my entire email seems crazy it's because that's how my mind is.

This week was rather uneventful actually. Things have been.....special here. We kind of feel as if we've started over again, and a lot of our people have been flaky recently. BUT THAT'S OK!!! It's still AWESOME! Elder Welch and I have made the best out of it and I've learned so much while I've been here. Here are some crazy stories that have happened recently.

We were eating with la familia Ortiz, and we were talking about their son, Jesse, who will be going on a mission soon. We were talking about other languages, and I mentioned how I could say "Hello, how are you?" in Finnish because my dad served his mission in Finland. So that asked me to say it, but when I did they all started laughing like hooligans! My companion and I were so confused, and they just kept saying "Do it again, do it again!".....turns out it's actually a swear word in Spanish......awkward. But it was also hilarious.

The next funny story was this super crazy bus contact we had. We started talking to this guy named Mike, and we were having a relatively normal contact, when at the end he said, "OK well I steal, but I steal from everyone equally, and since everyone loses just a little it's ok." I then said something in response and he said, "Well, I write my own book, and since I have to steal it's ok." We unfortunately had to get off the bus, but I just started laughing like crazy after! I know that might be bad, but I just couldn't understand how this man was justifying stealing to my face! The life of a missionary never gets old.

Well I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about next week! I love you all so much! Never stop smiling and sharing the gospel! Love you all!

Elder Dahl
1. My district in front of the entrance to the San Diego Zoo!
 2. We saw an opportunity for a fantastic photo, so we took it it.
 3. Oh you know, just me fixing one of the exhibits :)
4. Yes, I'm still ridiculous.
 5. .......yes I went to the kid's part so I could pet a goat......it felt perfect


6. Homemade mac&cheese- I made that!

No comments:

Post a Comment