Tuesday, January 13, 2015

San Diego Zoo!!!!

So I'm just going to start off by saying that today I fulfilled one of my life-long dreams because I went to the San Diego Zoo! Long story short- awesome. Baby gorillas, okapis (my favorite animal), pandas, and all that awesome stuff. My mission is complete.

Just kidding absolutely not. This week has been crazy! It's time to give you all a recap! I don't even remember who I've mentioned, but let me see if I can fill you in on current standings:

Judith & Janet- We stopped trying to visit Judith a while ago, and we might stop with Janet soon too. They don't take this Gospel seriously, and they bail on us all the time. It's really hard to drop them, but they just aren't ready.
Cecilia-.......we haven't seen her since December 8......she's definitely avoiding us and it might possibly be the saddest thing of my life....only wish I knew why.
La Familia Tafolla-They are doing great. They have only come to church 2 out of the past 5 Sundays, but in their minds they are already active again, so hopefully we will see more improvement soon.
La Familia Tezo- They are the best :) Seriously, they just want to know if this church is true or not. Talk about a family that has their priorities in order. God first, then family, then the sprinkles on this chocolate cake we call life......sorry that came out of nowhere.

I had a really crazy/weird spiritual moment this week. Background to the story- we have an investigator named Juan who has been REALLY struggling to give up alcohol, but he really wants to because he can see how it has ruined his life. for about 4 years he hasn't gone a day without alcohol, until this week! He went for almost two whole days before he relapsed! Ok here's the story.

As we were finishing up our morning run last Friday, I was thinking, "Wow we've been running a while. What if I couldn't stop running ever? What if I was addicting to running and I could never walk?" And then it was like a huge brick wall it me in the face and I just heard, "What if you were addicted to alcohol and you couldn't stop?" I just started balling right there. I have NO IDEA what Juan feels like! I can't empathize with him at all! How on earth could I, naive and awkward Elder Dahl, help this man give up this serious, horrible addiction? I made a vow right there and then that whenever I am working with someone that has an addiction that I'm giving up something too. As long as I am working with Juan I am giving up all sugar. I know it's not the same at all, but if it helps me be able to help it, then it's worth it.

Sorry this is so long! Transfers are next week! I don't want to leave this area, but only God knows what's in store for me. Pray for me and the people that I'm working with! I love you!

Elder Dahl

P.S. I forgot the SD Card reader, so I'll send LOTS of pictures next week!

1 comment: