Tuesday, January 27, 2015

La Mesa

Hola everyone! First, I have to apologize because I'm typng on this slow Ipad that I will be using from now on that belongs to a member's business or something. It sometimes doesn't type everything and things are spelt wrong and so yeah sorry. So time to reel my secret location!

I am now serving in the La Mesa 3rd Spanish Branch in La Mesa, California! AKA rich, white people everywhere that don't speak Spanish! Ok maybe not everywhere because there are some nice apartment complexes where we can find some Hispanics waiting for us. My new companion is Elder Clair (Spencer is his first name for those that are prone to creeping on Facebook), and he came out on the mission about a month and a half after me.....that's right, you guessed it- I'm the one that is supposed to speak Spanish and know what on earth we should be doing......oh heavens. Let's just say I've had a humbling week indeed.

So the La Mesa Branch is pretty small, and there are actually a lot of members that speak English, including some white people that serve there because they spoke Spanish on their missions and what not. It's nice, but not nice too. The members are really supportive and want to help, so I'm excited. We cover the cities of La Mesa, Del Cerro, and Tierra Santa. We have a car that we use, and it's.......different. It's not as easy to talk to people with a car, but without the car we would have absolutely no way to get everywhere. Also, we are the only Spanish missionaries in the stake.....which is sad. My old district was my companionship and then 4 sister missionaries, but now it's just 6 elders and each companionship has their own ward or branch. Different.

I'm out of time! I'll tell you more next week! Please send me your prayers because I need them!

Elder Dahl


1. Bye la familia Medina!


2. Oh Elder Welch, he will be missed.
3. Bye la familia Ortiz!



1 comment:

  1. It's always hard to leave the members and investigators that you have worked so well with. Soon though, you'll love the rich white people too, even if they don't speak Spanish. ;)

    ReplyDelete