Tuesday, February 3, 2015

6 months?

Is everyone else aware that my 6 month mark is in three days because I sure wasn't! I was thinking maybe 6 minutes or something! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my awesome older bro Blake and his wife Adriana! They are the best!

We have been BUSY here in La Mesa! Since we cover so much area we are able to spend most of our time teaching, which is way fun. We have two progressing investigators right now- Armando and Patricio. They are so fun and they love learning and LIVING the gospel of Christ. Patricio was way addicted to coffee (like super crazy addicted and is always hyped up on it), but after we explained to him the Word of Wisdom, he looked at us and said, "OK, I choose God." He then took his mug of coffee to the sink and poured it out! Miracles are real people! If you don't believe me.....well I'm sorry but you're wrong.

We are also teaching this man named Israel. He is dating a member of the church (her name is Vanessa Diaz and she is amazing) and all I have to say about him is that I now know why we need "real intent" when we are learning about the Gospel. This man has such a sincere heart, but almost no real intent. We teach him, and he enjoys it, but then nothing. He won't read the Book of Mormon, he won't pray in the right way, and he won't ever get a real answer! Drives me nuts! I think I have the patience of a hungry, pregnant polar bear!

Oh I almost forgot to mention, Elder Clair and I received a phone call form our mission president yesterday. There is a missionary that came out a year ago, but had to go home after one transfer for some reason, and he is now returning to his mission. So in a few hours he will be here.....and joining us! We will be in a trio! His name is Elder Reyes (I've heard he's a native Spanish-speaker), and we will be training him! If I haven't already pleaded for your prayers enough, by all means don't stop them!

I love you all! Miracles are all around us, but you have to open your eyes to them! I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father! And you all having an Elder Dahl that loves you too!

Elder Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment