Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bed Bugs!

Well I think the title says it all! For about a week and a half I have been waking up with little bite marks all over, and long story short I have bed bugs! Let's just say it's been an adventure, and our schedule has been thrown out of whack because of it. No worries though, we have already taken care of it, so hopefully next week I will stop looking like I've been hit with a lumpy plague or something.

We just started teaching a woman named Nadia who has been coming to church for about 4 years, but has not been baptized (honestly I thought she was a member this whole time). So far it's been easy because she basically knows everything! We've given her different pamphlets and stuff to read before each lesson, and she treats it like a test, which has been funny because she always comes in saying, "Brothers, I'm so sorry I don't have it all memorized, but I'm trying, trying, always memorizing, wanna be baptized." Literally just like that :) Watch out for March 7!

Patricio and Armando are doing bad and good (respectively). Patricio was drinking some wine right in front of us last time and we were like......what the what are you doing you gave up coffee your life-long addiction and here you are drinking this? But then Armando grabbed the bottle, dumped it down the drain, and apologized to us....we'll take it!

Sorry for all of you Ohio folk! It's about as sunny as it could be here, and the temperature is....well somewhat perfect....I'm going to be the biggest wimp ever when I get back.

Not much has happened......literally bed bugs were our week. Did I mention that I was the only one that was getting bitten? Glorious times in La Mesa, CA. 

Well I love you all a heap! I promise next week will have something way better, maybe an action-packed adventure, or a high-speed road chase, or maybe just no bed bugs :)

Elder Dahl

1 comment:

  1. Eeewww!!! Glad you got them killed. I sure hope they don't come back. (The bedbugs, not your investigators.)

    ReplyDelete