Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Angels?

I can't believe I've only been here for a month! It seems like an eternity (in a good way of course)! Our trio is going SO well. Those two are the biggest goofballs ever, so it makes everyday just a little bit better. They often refer to me as "Dad" but in reality I'm more like a mother duck making sure her ducklings don't get hit by cars. haha

This past week we had a cool exercise called MTEs.....I think it stands for Missionary Transfer Exchanges.....that's awkward I don't know. Basically we have a cool training meeting where a bunch of different zones get together, and then we are all assigned new companions for the rest of the day, and then we all exchange back the next day and talk about what miracles we saw. I got to leave my area and go to El Cajon for the day with Elder Yazzie (he was in the CCM while I was there!). But the crazy thing was that I was on a bike for the day! WOAH! 2 things I observed:
1) I discovered a new gift of the Spirit- the gift of the bicycle. I haven't ridden a bike in two years, but somehow I was able to weave in and out of the craziness that is known as San Diego.
2) My head is still the size of an obese watermelon- no helmet will ever fit right.

My favorite part of this past week was on Sunday, the very last comment made during the third hour. This past week has not met us with an overwhelming amount of success (lots of appointments fell through and nobody came to church), so I was feeling a little down on myself I guess. Our class was about praying always, but right before we ended a member raised his hand and said, "You know, I just love missionaries. Missionaries are angels sent from God to bring people to the light and the truth." He said some more really nice things, and I just sat there with tears in my eyes thinking, "Angels? I'm not an angel. I'm just Elder Dahl!"

I'm not really sure how to describe what happened next. The Holy Ghost testifies in such a personal way, but let's just say that I LOVE being a missionary. I know the Lord loves me. Angel or not I'm giving it my all and that's all that Heavenly Father wants from me- He will do the rest. Miracles are so real, and I know that He will help me do and say the things I need to! Which is good because I'm pretty sure I left my brain in Ohio :)

I love you! This Gospel is real! It's the ONLY way back to our Heavenly Father, and it's available to EVERYONE! Go be awesome!

Elder Dahl

 1. The Marquez family gave us milkshakes! OREOS!!!!!!

2 +3. I have such fun companions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment