Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Trio Life is a Crazy Life

The subject line says it all! Elder Clair, Elder Reyes, and I are crazy. Literally insane. For the first night I was a little nervous about what was going on, and then the next day I just woke up, looked at my companions and thought, "How awesome is my life!" From that point it's been a wild ride my good friends! :)

So the scoop on Elder Reyes- he was here about a year ago, but had to go home for medical reasons. He was here for about three months, so he is technically out of training. He's not super out-going with people he doesn't know, but he already feels like another brother to me (we're pretty convinced that he is my Mexican half in human form). He's from Colorado and he speaks fluent Spanish, which has been crazy fun. His name is Tomas Ali Reyes if you want to go creep on Facebook. I probably shouldn't be telling you that...... haha

Armando and Patricio are not going to baptized any time soon. Patricio's girlfriend has been negative about it, and Armando wants more time to figure out if this is something that he wants.....ugh. You know that feeling where you just break everything you touch? I'm feeling that pretty hard right. I also just got an email from my old companion Elder Welch that the Tezo family (the one that I love with all my heart and soul) are going through some problems and have asked the missionaries not to come by for awhile......

I have a firm testimony of challenges. Without them we don't grow. I think I've had a pretty easy life so far, but let's just say that God wants me to grow FAST! Satan wants us to think that we aren't worth it-that we are drowning in this sea of life with nobody to care and nowhere to turn to. And sometimes he can be pretty convincing. I think of Peter sinking beneath the water, and the Savior reaching down to grab him- He is the only one that can pull us completely out and allow us to walk on this sea. But you want to know something weird? I feel as though I can't fully apply this to myself! Because I have all of you! I have family in lifeboats nearby looking for me, I have friends right beside me helping to keep me afloat, I've got scriptures and modern-day prophets teaching me how to swim. I feel your prayers! You all have a part in this work here in San Diego! This metaphor was weird and didn't emphasize the role of the Savior in this story, but that's what I've been feeling today....so yeah thanks.

I love being a missionary! I think cars are dumb and I'm an avid fan of trying to be the first scooter elders in San Diego! This gospel is real folks! I'm always out of time before I really get to tell you all anything, but know that I love you and I LOVE the Lord and I LOVE my life here!

Elder Dahl


1. The three Amigos!


 2. Yes Elder Reyes got his head stuck....yes I had to take a picture instead of help!
 3. I saw Jesse Ortiz at a baptism last week and he bought me a bag and gave it to me! I love that family!

4. There's a trolley near my house.....I love/hate/miss trolleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment