Saturday, June 27, 2015

90% of All Things Can Be Communicated by Body Language

The topic line has been the quote of my weak. While we were eating dinner Elder Swenson shared this beautiful piece of wisdom with me, and I was cracking up. Is it not funny? Maybe I'm just losing it because I was laughing so hard.

The Padres game was SO FUN!!!! We had a blast! We went with some of the missionaries in our zone, and although we didn't really get to contact many people, we still had a great time. The Padres lost (which was sad), but we loved it nonetheless.

We had a crazy week! Every night when we plan we always seem to not have too many set appointments or tasks to do the next day, but then our days are always packed with crazy, random things. Elder Swenson and I have a goal to talk to EVERY, SINGLE person we see, and wow has it been an adventure! We have been able to send out dozens of referrals to other missionaries, and have found quite a few potentials in our own area. The Lord blesses us when we are obedient!

So everything is still going well with Angie, but she was out of town this weekend, so we are hoping to see her soon. Inez and her family came to a super cool missionary fireside last night where we were singing in the choir. It was so awesome to see them there, and we are going to go by on Thursday to begin teaching them! WAHOO!!!!! Victor and his family are doing ok. They are really awesome, but they haven't been able to get off work and come to church, which has been hard. Pray for them!

This week I was able to go on exchanges with a great friend of mine, Elder Stecklein. He is one of the assistants to the president right now, and we got to talk about how we could best help our zone to improve and be successful. Long story short I realized that my job is to help my missionaries baptize- not because baptizing nonmembers is the only thing we do, but because it means that we are truly caring for the PEOPLE and not the numbers we report. I hate receiving and talking to missionaries about their numbers, so this counsel really helped me put into perspective my role here in San Diego. People need ordinances in order to fully access the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the first ordinance for these people is baptism!

I love you all! Keep on smiling and sharing your goodness with the world! 

Elder Dahl

Havin' a ball at the baseball game!

 Chillin' at the park!


 Exchanges with Elder Stecklein! We always have WAY too much fun!


 Morning run to Seaport Village! 5 miles people!!!! Elder Swenson is loving it here!


 Zone picture at Zone Conference! I love my zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment