Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tender Mercies

We had a great time visiting some museums last week for P-day! We were able to see the Hall of Champions (sports) and the Air and Space Museum. We had a blast- the pictures will show it all!

We had some interesting experiences this past week!

1. We were talking to this lady named Janice, right outside of Chicano Park, and everything started out normal, but then went weird fast. After we concluded that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, I went to shake her hand, and she grabbed my hand (in a rather firm grip) and just held it for about 45 seconds. For the entirety of the time she was telling me about how I couldn't let "them" get me because I was too handsome.....thanks Janice!?

2. We contacting a family out walking about a week ago, and we went by on Saturday to check up on them. They invited us in and were super nice! We talked about how the church that Jesus Christ established has been restored, and they were super interested, and even agreed to be baptized when they know for themselves that it is all true! Pray for la familia Perez! We taught them the next day about the Book of Mormon, and we brought some members of our branch with us (Hna. Wong and Hno. Garcia- they are awesome!). They are an amazing little family, and we are so excited for them!

I had one of the most special experiences this week. so we went over to F---'s house to see how she was doing on her Book of Mormon reading. She was upset with herself because she hadn't been reading, and she was just a little sad in general. We read a little bit with her, testified, and promised her the blessings that come when she will read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was such a simple lesson, but the spirit was so strong!

And it didn't stop there, at least for me. As we were leaving she waved and said (in her own exact words, which were so cute because she doesn't speak English at all), "Adios chicos! I love you!" I don't ever thing tears have come to my eyes so quickly in my entire life. I started balling! Her words had a bigger impact on me than she will ever know. I could feel so much love and comfort through her words. It's true- the Lord really does work through people to bless lives, even when you are a missionary.

What a great time to be alive! When so much bad can be happening in the world around you, the Spirit will testify of the true love of God within your soul! He loves us! I know it's true.

Elder Dahl

1. Is that a statue of Elder Swenson?

 2. Is that a statue of me!?

 3. Super cool planes!
4. More cool planes!
 5. Star Wars?
 6. Yes, definitely Star Wars.
7. Just chillin' with Snoopy!
 8. Chilling with A--- and his sister! A--- is a youth in our branch that we work with!
 9. Did I mention that Elder Reyes, my companion from La Mesa, is in my zone!? I love him!














No comments:

Post a Comment