Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Elder Taunauta!

Today is transfer day and we received word that Elder Gunther was
leaving :( He was an awesome companion and I'm really grateful I was
able to serve with him. We had an awesome transfer together.

On the bright side though my new companion is Elder Taunauta! He is
from Tonga, but moved to Utah five years before he came out on his
mission, so his English is pretty good. His Spanish is really good
too! He is 22, a beastly rugby player, a beastly person in  general,
and also one of the nicest people you will ever find! And I think I
mentioned a long time ago, but I served with him before in the Valley!
He was in Calexico, so we are already great friends.

This last week was pretty great as well! Colombian food has been a
theme for this week, which has been delicious. On Wednesday one of our
members took us out to eat at a Colombian restaurant, and I had some
of the best carne asada ever. Then on Saturday we went over to visit
los Chantaka (Ruben and Blanca) and Blanca made us Colombian
empanadas! That country knows how to cook! Also, Ruben, Blanca, and
this time their son, Carlos, all came to church this week! And
remember the Battalion sister that gave Blanca her ring? Well she just
got transferred into the ward! We are so excited!

In a not so good note I was sick last week :( It was a like a plague
that infected every other member we talked to, but I'm almost all
better now! It really hit me last Wednesday, which was no bueno
because we were on exchanges and it was my first time taking over the
area and I was a little loopy. But luckily I was with my friend Elder
Winn who gave me a blessing and by the grace of God we made it through
the day without me saying anything too weird.

Well we are off to go have a fun pday! Love you all!

Elder Dahl

1&2. Our district when to the air and space museum in balboa park last
week! We had a great time!
3. Look at this giant dog statue we found in our area!
4. Blanca made us Colombian empanadas!






No comments:

Post a Comment