Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Requesting Bananas

The subject is only referring to the quantity of bananas that Elder
Taunauta and I go through in a week. I think last week we bought
twenty or so bananas. I'm not really sure why I'm sharing that, but I
thought it was funny so hopefully you all do too.

Blanca and Ruben are still doing amazing! They are reading from the
Book of Mormon and bore their testimonies of it in our last lesson.
Today they invited all six of us missionaries over to eat! They made
fish, and I'm talking about a whole fish! Bones and everything! We
also had a salad, pineapple juice, and this super yummy/interesting
yucca...bread? It kind of had the consistency of what I imagine
fruitcake has, but this tasted better.

We went to a baptismal service with Jaime, Yadira's son, who is doing
awesome! He really liked the baptismal service and has a sincere
desire to know if this message is true. Pray for him! We did some
service at their place yesterday where we were taking out the linoleum
flooring. That was pretty fun.

This past Sunday was the fifth Sunday, so it was all about missionary
work! We sang a musical number and I also spoke in sacrament meeting,
which was fun! This is such a fun ward, and the members are really
great. Every Sunday there is a wonderful lady named Hermana Quintero
that feeds us, and oh my goodness she always does an amazing job. She
makes a ton, and it is all so good! For dessert she gave us this big
Oreo cake! How did she know!? Some people are really in tune with the
Spirit I guess ;)

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and
spoke to our mission! What an awesome experience! It's probably the
closest thing to a spiritual pep rally that exists. It was a great
experience getting to shake his hand for the second time in my life!

I'm going to end this email and make sure to send a lot of pictures. I
love you all!

Elder Dahl

1. A member took us to the Colombian restaurant again! Look at that fish!
2. This is what I got! Classic carne asada.
3. Hna. Quintero's cake for us! Bless that woman.
4. All of the missionaries eating at Blanca and Ruben's on our p-day!
5. Sister Trujillo was amazed at how big my shoes were! Haha





1. I found this for you Dad!
2. Temptations for days! Don't worry, I stayed strong!
3. Elder Taunauta showed me how to wear a lava lava



1. Look at this cool mural we found in City Heights!
2. Just chilling in the laundry mat!
3. This was some service we did this past week. The whole yard was
covered in plants and trash. Isn't it sweet?





No comments:

Post a Comment