Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tuesday Tongan Tuna

The title of this email is a tribute to Elder Taunauta. We just went
to Subway and he got an egg white/tuna sandwich. Tongans are the best.

Another eventful week here in sunny San Diego. Actually almost all of
our appointments canceled everyday, haha, but we made the best of it
:) Poor Elder Taunauta didn't get to meet hardly anyone we were
teaching because something happened to all of them. Jesus Franco got a
new job and has been under the radar, Jesus Fierro had to cancel his
appointment, but came to church which was good, Ruben and Blanca
weren't allowed to come to church on Sunday because something in their
apartment complex broke and they weren't allowed to leave, but despite
it all we still found new people to teach and taught a lot of lessons!

Also, I just have to mention that Elder Taunauta is HILARIOUS!!! We
are almost constantly smiling and laughing because he is just too
funny. Watching him skype his family on Sunday was so fun because I
didn't understand a word of Tongan that he said!

Speaking of skypeing families, how about that fourth and final phone
call home!? My family is so great and I'm grateful for each of the six
members of my family. I don't know how I got so lucky to be paired up
with my four lovely siblings and my two amazing parents, but I thank
God everyday for them. Oh yeah, Happy Mother's Day Mom!

And Happy Birthday Dad! I won't reveal your age, but it'll sufficeth
me to say he's somewhere in the middle of zero and one hundred :)

Yeah...not too much else happened. Just teaching people how to repent
and trying to open up celestial gates to complete
strangers.....nothing too out of the ordinary! Love you all! Have a
great week!

Elder Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment